Lasers are commonly utilized in dentistry for various purposes, including laser gum treatment. A laser is an ideal alternative to traditional, invasive operations, whether you wish to avoid gum disease or improve your smile.
We are fortunate to have the best dentist in Plantation, FL, who offers high-quality laser gum therapy. It’s mild, requires no stitches, and only a few hours of recovery time. If you’re looking for alternative dental treatments to get rid of periodontal problems, this simplifies the process.
What Is A Laser Gum Surgery?
Laser gum surgery is a cutting-edge procedure that uses light energy to improve your dental health and smile. It’s a treatment that kills bacteria while encouraging bone growth around your existing teeth. Hypersensitivity, tooth decay, and gum disease can be avoided or treated using laser dentistry, which can also remodel gum tissue to reduce a “gummy” grin.
What Are The Advantages Of Laser Gum Surgery?
Laser gum surgery aims to reverse the harmful effects of germs while also assisting you in maintaining a healthy mouth. There are other perks as well. Going through the pointers below will help you know why laser gum surgery can be a perfect choice.
- Compared to traditional gum surgery, laser surgery is significantly less intrusive. Traditional gum surgery involves cutting into the gum tissue using medical equipment, producing painful lesions that require sutures and time to heal. Since the laser does not cut into your gum tissue, the danger of infection, sensitivity, and bleeding after the surgery is reduced. This also suggests there’s a reduced chance of complications. Many individuals are less hesitant to get their dental health problems treated because laser treatment is so gentle.
- When gingivitis isn’t treated promptly, it develops into gum disease, which can lead to tooth loss if left untreated. This laser procedure can help patients with severe gum disease save their original teeth. Gum disease causes deep pockets of bacteria that are impossible to remove with normal dental cleaning. Even when hazardous bacteria are stuck in deep pockets, a laser is more likely to remove them entirely.
- Straight, white teeth give you self-assurance when you smile. Gums also have a significant impact on your self-esteem. Do you think your teeth are “short” or that your grin is too “gummy”? If you have an imbalanced ratio of gum tissue to teeth, it may make you self-conscious about your smile. Your gums are contoured, and the extra tissue is trimmed with laser gum surgery, giving you the dazzling smile you’ve always desired.
- During laser gum surgery, no healthy gum tissue is affected. The laser is used by dentists to repair damaged tissue while also stimulating the creation of new, healthy tissue. This is a very precise and accurate procedure. Healthy gum tissue and dangerous gum tissue are distinguished by the laser. It also has no effect on bone or tooth structure.
- Traditional gum surgery necessitates several weeks of pain, inflammation, and a liquid diet. Laser gum surgery requires a 24-hour recovery period, and most patients have relatively minor discomfort. The laser procedure allows for a speedy recovery with minimal downtime because there is no cutting or stitching required. Your dentist removes less tissue by not using typical surgical tools like scalpels, resulting in less pain, bleeding, and inflammation.
At My Dentist For Life, we offer top-quality laser gum treatment in Plantation, FL, and nearby. Give us a call, schedule your visit, and get rid of gum problems with ease.