Patient Safety: Learn What Precautions Your Dentist Is Taking
The coronavirus has instilled fear in many people. Let’s face it. These have been trying times. We’ve had to stay at home and practice physical distancing. When going to the grocery store, many of us don facemasks, gloves, and apply hand sanitizer. It’s a bizarre and unfamiliar site. This pandemic took everyone by surprise – including us, your dentist in Plantation.
Because of everything that’s been going on, we completely understand if you’re apprehensive about coming to your dental appointments. We understand.
Please read on to find out how we work hard to minimize risks and reduce the spread of infection at our practice.
We’ve always followed the most stringent sterilization methods to keep you and your family and our team safe. We take this responsibility very seriously. We will continue to do all that – and more.
Steps We’re Taking To Protect You At The Dental Office
These are some of the other things we’re doing – daily – to help you relax and feel comfortable when you come to our office.
- Effective hand hygiene. All our team members wash their hands numerous times per hour with the proper thorough technique.
- Routine sterilization. We clean and disinfect all environmental surfaces, such as radiograph equipment, light switches, floors, walls, and sinks. We also ensure there is adequate time between appointments to sanitize operatories thoroughly and methodically, without rushing.
- We wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks, and eye-wear.
- Ill team members must take sick days. Anyone experiencing any symptoms of any contagious illness – even a simple cold – must rest and recover at home before returning to work.
- Patients’ health is pre-screened over the phone. We will reschedule your dental appointment if you are exhibiting signs or symptoms of respiratory (or other contagious) illness. Symptoms may include cough, fever, and shortness of breath.
- IMPORTANT new scheduling and check-in procedures. Thank you for your compliance!
- If you are a new patient, kindly schedule your appointment online.
- Please come to your appointment alone unless you require sedation. Please ask your driver to wait in the car. We will call them when you are ready for their assistance after your care is complete. Children must be accompanied by an adult, so this is one exception.
- Please use the supplied hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
- We will take your temperature and ask if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or signs. We will also ask if you’ve contracted COVID-19 in recent months or if you’ve been near anyone who has tested positive for the virus.
- A team member wearing full PPE will walk you to the operatory.
- We practice physical distancing. Whenever possible, team members stay at least six feet apart. We are doing our best to only have one or two patients in our waiting room at any given time and are asking that they sit with generous space in between them.
If you’re having second thoughts about returning to our office, we urge you to reconsider. You may have a significant oral health condition developing without knowing it. We can detect the problem – early.
And the sooner your dentist in Plantation intervenes and provides treatment, the better outcome and the less time you’re likely to have to spend in the dental chair.
If you have any questions about our enhanced measures, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’ll answer them. We want you to be just as comfortable as we are about being in our practice.