Wisdom teeth removal is a very common treatment that is undergone by numerous people all across the globe. People often have the question regarding what to eat after the tooth extraction process. The truth is – You should not eat hard food items right after getting your wisdom tooth removed. Eating hard food items can lead to suffering from pain. Moreover, the food particles can get trapped in the recovered area and can cause serious damage to your oral health.
On the other hand, you should consume softer food items such as :
- Blended soups and broths
- Mashed potatoes
- Ice cream
- Apple sauce
You need to know that having cold food items such as ice cream or smoothies can relieve your discomfort and lessen your pain. Just try to include normal food items as time passes. You should strictly avoid hard food items for the first 24 to 48 hours. It is advisable to not eat certain food items after a week of extraction. They are:
- Eating spicy or acidic foods can cause pain or irritation
- Try to avoid alcoholic beverages if you do not want to suffer from pain
- Do not eat any type of seeds as they can get trapped in the extraction site
- You should also know that eating difficult-to-chew or hard foods can delay the process of healing or also reopen the stitches
- Also, avoid smoking for 72 hours
We hope that you have now gained a better understanding of when to eat hard food items after tooth extraction. If you are looking for the best tooth extraction treatment in Plantation, FL, contact My Dentist for Life.