Invisalign vs. Six Month Smiles: Which is the Best Option?
Having a perfectly aligned set of teeth is one of the major components of an attractive smile. Some people are not lucky enough to be born with straight teeth. Are you one of them? There is nothing to worry about. The advancements in dentistry have led to the availability of modern orthodontic treatment options that you can choose to achieve a flawless smile. Gone are the days when wearing traditional metal braces was the only orthodontic treatment available.
Orthodontic treatments such as Invisalign and Six Month Smiles can help straighten your teeth discreetly and quickly. At My Dentist For Life, we come across numerous questions about which treatment to choose between Invisalign and Six Month Smiles. Keeping this in mind, the best dentist in Plantation has come up with a detailed comparison between these two popular orthodontic treatment options.
Why Invisalign And Six Month Smiles Are Better Than The Traditional Metal Braces?
Two primary reasons that make both Invisalign and Six Month Smiles a better option than traditional metal braces are:
- No usage of metal or silver brackets that can hamper your smile’s appearance
- The treatment period is faster than the conventional orthodontic options
Talking to your orthodontist or dentist in person will help you figure out more about why Invisalign treatment and Six Month Smiles are fantastic orthodontic treatment options.
What Are Six Month Smiles?
Six Month Smiles are a type of clear aligner. They use lightweight, clear brackets and tooth-colored wires to gently straighten and align your teeth within a span of six months. In fact, the Six Month Smiles is considered to be one of the most effective and fastest teeth straightening treatment options by many orthodontists. It can be a perfect choice for individuals who are sixteen years of age or older and have minor straightening issues or complicated cosmetic problems.
It’s easy to get clear braces. Your dentist will attach your brackets and wires in about an hour. It might take a week to completely get used to the feeling of your clear braces. Additionally, these braces are specifically made to look natural and hence do not ruin your smile’s appearance.
Depending on your requirements, you’ll visit your dentist for between 3–7 adjustments over the course of your treatment once you begin to see results.
What Is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system gently realigns your teeth using a series of customized, nearly invisible aligners. This is the most cutting-edge clear aligner system available and has 20 years of research behind it.
You will wear the Invisalign aligners like a removable retainer. You need to wear these aligners while keeping this in mind; otherwise, the outcomes will be less inconsistent or slower. However, most patients require between 12 and 18 months to complete the treatment if worn as prescribed by the orthodontist.
Getting started with the Invisalign treatment is pretty simple. Your dentist will take a 3D scan of your mouth to help create your personalized aligners. The dentist will also let you get a sneak peek of how your improved smile will look.
It is advisable to wear the Invisalign aligners for at least twenty-two hours a day for the best results. You can take them out while brushing or flossing your teeth. Moreover, you’ll go to the dentist around once every six weeks for a checkup and switch to a new pair of aligners.
Know The Comparison Between Invisalign & Six Month Smiles
We have provided a detailed comparison between Invisalign and Six Month Smiles based on certain factors. They are:
- Six Month Smiles – They are specifically made to match your natural teeth but are more noticeable than the Invisalign aligners.
- Invisalign – The Invisalign aligners are specifically made of smooth plastic and are almost invisible.
- Six Month Smiles – They are perfect to resolve mild to severe cosmetic problems, including bite misalignment and wide gaps between teeth.
- Invisalign – They are specifically designed to treat minor cases but can also resolve teeth alignment issues as well.
- Six Month Smiles – They are made of comfortable materials but can rub against the cheek and be the reason for irritation at the beginning of the treatment.
- Invisalign – The Invisalign aligners are very comfortable and do not cause any sort of irritation.
- Six Month Smiles – The treatment can be completed within a span of six months.
- Invisalign – This treatment takes around twelve to eighteen months on average.
- Six Month Smiles – Six Month Smiles are known for being comparatively affordable.
- Invisalign – The Invisalign treatment takes more time than Six Month Smile. Hence, that cost can be a bit more than the other.
Which Treatment Option Should You Choose?
Each smile is unique. Your specific circumstances and objectives will determine your best course of action. Your dentist will look at your teeth, gums, and bite before making a recommendation.
At My Dentist For Life, we offer both Invisalign and Six Month Smiles treatment in Plantation, FL. So if you are suffering from the problem of teeth misalignment, booking an appointment with us can be a wise choice. Our dentist and a team of dental professionals will guide you through the process of undergoing a suitable orthodontic treatment.