Restore Your Smile with Full and Partial Dentures in Plantation FL
For any reason, if you have lost your tooth and you are unable to live your life comfortably, don’t worry because there is a solution to it. A dental denture is removable and it replaces your missing teeth as well as its surrounding tissue. Whether you want to replace some of your missing teeth or all, dentures in Plantation, FL can help you replace these and restore your smile.
When Should You Get A Denture?
Full or complete dentures can replace all your missing teeth by snuggling over your gums. Partial dentures can also be used to replace multiple missing teeth located near to each other. They allow you to speak clearly and also eat comfortably. Moreover, this also improves your confidence as well as self-esteem.
If you have some teeth missing, you may not know that other teeth may move to take up some more space. This ends up in tilted or crooked teeth. As teeth also keep the structure of your mouth, dentures also improve your appearance after missing teeth. And this not only affects how you bite but it can also damage other teeth. Therefore, it is necessary to have dentures to eat and speak better as well as to prevent other teeth problems.
What Is The Process For Getting Dentures?
The whole process of denture development takes about a few weeks and you need to make several appointments.
- The first step in the denture making process is to find out the appropriate appliance for you.
- After that, impressions of your jaw are taken. Measurements related to the space between your jaws and how they are related, are taken. These impressions and measurements are used to make wax forms, plastic patterns, and models that are in the exact position and shape in which the denture is to be made.
- The dentist for dentures in Plantation, FL will make the final denture after trying this model on you several times and assessing its shape, color, and fit.
- After the final denture is made, it is tried and then adjustments are made if needed.
How to Make Your Dentures Last Long?
The best part about getting quality dentures by a reliable dentist near you is that you get durability. With proper care and maintenance, you can expect your dentures to last well. Here are some tips for taking care of your dentures:
- Prevent dentures from drying out. It has a soaking solution in which you can place it when you are not wearing it. Or you can also place it in plain water.
- Brush your dentures daily. This will remove plaque and food deposits. You can use an ultrasonic cleaner for your dentures along with daily brushing.
- Every morning before inserting your dentures, use a soft-bristled brush to brush your palate, tongue, and gums. This will stimulate circulation in tissues and will help remove plaque.
- Moreover, if your dentures crack, chip, break or become loose, don’t try to fix it yourself. Instead, visit your dentist for a checkup.
You should also visit your dentist regularly for getting your dentures checked. If you have lost your teeth, visit the best dentist for full and partial dentures in Plantation FL today and know if dentures are the right choice for you.