6 Remedies To Deal With The Problem Of Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a disorder in which you stop breathing for a brief period of time while sleeping. Sleep apnea is a condition in which a person does not get enough oxygen while sleeping. As a result, they gasp and frequently wake up. Many people are unaware that they have ceased breathing and believe that their sleeping pattern is normal. Snoring is a typical sleep apnea symptom. Now, sleep apnea can cause a variety of health problems in addition to leaving you drowsy in the morning. If left untreated, this sleeping disorder can lead to a slew of issues, including – mental health problems, contributing to a weakened immune system, being the reason for loss of memory, raising your chances of developing heart failure, etc.
In this blog, we are going to cover the home remedies that can help to resolve the problems related to sleep apnea.
Tips To Resolve Sleep Apnea
- Patients with sleep apnea are typically advised to lose weight by their doctors. Obesity raises the likelihood of airway obstruction and nasal channel narrowing, especially in the upper body. These barriers may cause you to stop breathing while sleeping, either suddenly or for an extended amount of time. Maintaining a healthy weight can aid in keeping your airways open and alleviate sleep apnea symptoms. According to research, modest weight loss in obese adults can obviate the need for long-term CPAP therapy or upper airway surgery. In some cases, weight loss may be able to cure sleep apnea. It’s possible, however, that the problem will recur if you gain weight.
- Exercise can boost your energy levels, improve your heart, and help you sleep better. Yoga can assist in the strengthening of your respiratory system as well as the enhancement of oxygen flow. Sleep apnea is associated with low blood oxygen saturation. Yoga’s numerous breathing exercises may assist you in increasing your oxygen levels. As a result, yoga can assist you in getting a better night’s sleep by lowering the number of times you wake up.
- Altering your sleep position, albeit a minor adjustment, can help to alleviate sleep apnea symptoms and enhance your night’s sleep. More than half of obstructive sleep apnea instances are reliant on posture, according to medical experts. Studies show – sleeping on your back, often known as the supine posture, can exacerbate symptoms. Some individuals find that sleeping on their side helps them regain control of their breathing. To determine your treatment options, talk to your doctor about your body alignment and sleep apnea symptoms.
- Humidifiers are machines that make the air we breathe moist. Dry air can affect the body and respiratory system. A humidifier can aid in the opening of airways, the reduction of congestion, and the promotion of cleaner breathing. Add lavender, peppermint, or eucalyptus oil to a humidifier to get even more benefits. These three essential oils are well-known for their anti-inflammatory and calming effects. You should clean your humidifier according to the manufacturer\’s instructions. M old and germs can easily grow on them, if not cleaned regularly.
- Changes in your lifestyle can improve your health and help you sleep better. Consider quitting smoking and reducing your alcohol intake to avoid sleep apnea. The throat muscles that control your breathing relax when you drink alcohol. This might result in snoring and a disrupted sleep pattern. It can also create inflammation in the airways, which can make breathing difficult. Tobacco smoking, like alcohol consumption, can induce inflammation in the lungs. This can aggravate snoring and sleep apnea. Smoking is thought to increase the risk of getting sleep apnea. People with sleep apnea may be predisposed to smoking. So, quitting smoking can help treat sleep apnea.
- Last but not the least, visiting a dental office can also be beneficial to cope with sleep apnea. Book an appointment at My Dentist For Life for the best sleep apnea treatment in Plantation.
Now that you are aware of the remedies for sleep apnea, act on them. You need to know that ignoring such a problem for a long time can invite other critical issues with time.