Do you have the desire to get a perfect set of teeth? Well, cosmetic dentistry procedures have made it easy to fix your oral issues and restore your beautiful smile. If you’ve cracked, chipped, discolored, or gapped teeth, then you can opt for dental veneers. Porcelain veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are color-matched to your teeth and bonded to the teeth’ surface. They are tailor-made and can restore symmetry and balance to your smile and give you the look and feel of natural teeth. They also help to change the size, length, shape, or color of your teeth.
While temporary veneers aren’t designed to last, permanent veneers are built from carefully selected materials that will stay for long. As with any other dental procedure, you will definitely require following some dietary guidelines to preserve your veneers and prevent them from damage. Here, we shall discuss foods and drinks that you should avoid with permanent veneers to maintain a gorgeous for years to come.
Foods you should not eat with Permanent Veneers
- Foods that are extremely hard or crunchy (like popcorn kernels and hard nuts. When having foods such as chicken legs or bone-in steak, just remember that you don’t bite too close to the bone)
- Dark liquids ( like black tea, red wine, colas, and coffee should be taken in moderation)
- Biting into ice
- Sticky candies
- Alcoholic drinks, which can ultimately ruin the bonding material
- Chewing tobacco
- Acidic foods and beverages like lemonade, tomato sauce, or citrus fruits (these items can spoil the cement used to fix the veneers onto your teeth)
- Red peppers
Taking care of your Permanent Porcelain Veneers
- If you drink coffee or tea daily, it is better to sip these beverages only through a straw. It helps to reduce the amount of time that the liquid comes in contact with your teeth.
- You should also avoid smoking since it can change the color of your teeth.
- Besides that, we suggest that you rinse your mouth with water after any meal to lessen the risk of staining.
- People who have temperature sensitivity should also try to avoid extremely hot and cold food and drinks. When you cut the food into smaller pieces or take small sips it can help reduce sensitivity too.
- Also, don’t use your teeth for other functions such as holding heavy objects or tearing through packages and wrappings.
The best thing about permanent porcelain veneers is that they are less vulnerable to stains and can be polished easily. So, even if you get little stains on your teeth, your dentist can definitely remove them in just some minutes. If cared for properly, porcelain veneers can stay up to 20 years or even more. Though the porcelain veneers are strong, but to protect them and minimize the requirement of professional cleanings, it is recommendable to stay away from certain types of food in your diet.
Get the help you need!
You can get in touch with My Dentist for Life if you want to receive the best porcelain veneers in Plantation, FL. Our dental team works hard to deliver the best treatment to our patients for any dental problems and optimal comfort. We are just a call away.